The Ark is the first analogue recording console that has been designed completely with 500-series modules in mind.
The standard 16 input frame accommodates and supports up to 40 (!!) 500-series modules.
This means you can have a complete mix (pun intended) of your favourite 500-series modules in any combination you like.
Each of the 16 input channels provides the following facilities:
* 2 slots for 500-series modules
* Fully modular input channel
- Line input level control switchable line / external input
- 6 auxiliary sends individually switchable pre / post
- Bussing to 8 groups and master left/right outputs
- Channel pan and mute
- Solo in place, AFL and PFL
- Monitor input level control
- Monitor pan, mute and solo
- Channel fader
- LED pre fade signal metering and VU Metering of direct output and input signals
The group / output section provides:
* 8 slots for 500-series modules
* 8 fully modular group / output channels
- 8 group faders
- 8 monitor inputs with level, pan, solo, mute, fader reverse and 6 auxiliary sends individually switchable pre / post
- 8 monitor inputs with level, pan, solo, mute and 6 auxiliary sends switchable pre / post
The 8 group faders can be used as output faders for the groups, or as input faders for 8 monitor returns.
The total number of inputs, available for mixdown is 48.
(16 inputs + 16 monitor returns on input channels + 16 monitor returns on groups)
24 of these inputs can be on full-size faders.The master section provides
- Aux send master 1 to 6 with level and solo
- Talkback to groups, studio and auxiliary sends
- Control Room Monitor level, mute, dim and mono
- Two sets of stereo returns to Control Room Monitor
- Two alternate monitor level controls with on/off switches
- Studio playback level control and selection of two track return 1, aux send 1 and aux sends 5-6.
The console will function perfectly well in it's basic (unloaded) form as a line level mixer.
The electronics have been designed to provide the utmost sonic performance.
The latest range of high performance op amps are used in all critical paths and ground sensing balanced outputs with high current drive are employed where necessary.
All inputs, outputs and inserts are through 25-way D-Sub connectors on the back.
Any 500-series module can be used on any channel, by using an external patchbay or through direct connections on the back.
An optional 16 input expander unit is available.
A producer desk / patchbay will also be available to further increase the flexibility of the console.